Our Data in General
- Can I rely on the Global Property Guide's data?
- Is the Guide independent?
- What are the sources of the Guide's data?
- What types of data are on the site?
- How many countries do you cover?
Rental income taxes
- How can I compare rental income tax rates across countries?
- Assumptions made in presenting the ‘typical case’ income tax scenario
- Sources of the income tax data
- The star rating system - what do the stars mean? How does the Global Property Guide rate countries as residential investment destinations?
Landlord & Tenant Law
- How do I find landlord and tenant law for any one country?
- Why does the Global Property Guide emphasize the importance of landlord and tenant law?
- What system does the Global Property Guide use to compare and rate landlord and tenant laws?
- ‘Pro-landlord’, pro-tenant’ and ‘neutral’ – define the Guide’s use of these terms
- Which law firms prepared the brief L&T surveys?
Inheritance law and taxes
- How do I find explanations of inheritance law, as it affects foreign property owners?
- Which law firms prepared the Guide’s inheritance law data?
Capital gains taxes
- How do I find the incidence of capital gains taxes on residential property in any one country?
- How can I compare capital gains tax rates across countries?
- What are the Guide′s CGT data sources?
- What assumptions does the Guide make, when calculating CGT?
House Price Trends
Square metre prices, rentals, and yields
- How do I find residential square metre prices, rentals, and yields for any one country?
- What does rental yield mean? Why is it important?
- Shouldn’t I just buy if property prices are rising?
- How can I compare prices and yields across countries?
- What are the sources of the Guide’s price data? Can these sources be trusted?
- Assumptions: What assumptions are made in presenting the Guide’s price and rents data?
- Next updates – when will the Global Property Guide yield tables next be updated?
- How do I find roundtrip transaction costs for any one country?
- How can I compare transaction costs across countries?
- Why bother? Aren’t transaction costs more or less the same everywhere?
- Sources: What are the sources of the Guide’s transaction costs data?
- Can the transaction costs data sources be trusted?
- Definition: What does the phrase ‘roundtrip transaction cost’ mean?
- What assumptions does the Global Property Guide make in calculating transaction costs?
Macroeconomic comparison tools
- GDP per capita
- GDP/Cap growth –1 year
- GDP/Cap growth –5 year
- Economic freedom index
- Economic freedom index – 5 year change
- Growth competitiveness
- Property rights index
- Currency +/– valuation