Centrally located Praga Północ is one of smallest yet most historic districts on the right side of the Vistula River. The cobbled streets of Weteranów, Kłopotowskiego and Okrzei are still lined with homes built in the 19th century, including a Jewish Mikvah set up in 1840.
Having retained the prewar charms of the capital, the district has become a haven for the local intelligentsia. Artists especially have been endeavouring to transform decaying buildings into art studios and galleries, particularly on Inżynierska Street.
Praga Północ is often visited for its municipal zoo, which opened in 1928. Sprawled across its 40 hectares are 300 animal species, including the endangered red panda and Siberian tiger. Another popular attraction is Praski Park, a popular sight for bird-watching. The district also has its own sport and recreation centre with pools, saunas, spas, sports and fitness facilities.