- Can I rely on the Global Property Guides data?
- Is the Guide independent?
- What are your data sources?
- What types of data do you have?
- How many countries do you cover?
Can I rely on the Global Property Guides data?
Is the Guide independent?
Completely. The main issue with almost all companies which provide property data is that they use it to sell their own recommended property investments. The Global Property Guide is in the unique position that we can offer genuinely independent advice. We do not sell property. We are not connected to any property companies.
Though we accept advertisements, the separation of editorial and adverting is absolute at the Global Property Guide, as in all reputable newspapers and magazines.
The methodology of our country ratings system is objective and transparent, which should further reassure readers as to our independence.
What are the sources of the Guides data?
Four distinct types of sources.
1. In-house research
The following data result from in-house research:
- Square metre purchase prices, estimates of rentals, gross income returns (yields)
- Round-trip buy-and-sell transaction costs
- Property investment ratings
2. Accountancy firms
The following data is provided by accountancy firms:
3. Law firms
The following data is provided by law firms:
4. Central bank and national statistical data
What types of data are on the site?
Six types of data are necessary (we believe) to a residential investment decision:
- Transaction costs. Computations of total buying and selling costs.
- Rental income tax and capital gains taxes. We provide ‘standard cases’ which show what taxes are typically payable.
- Price trends. We provide house price time-series over 1,5 and 10 year periods.
- Square metre prices, rentals, and gross rental yields.
- Guides to landlord and tenant law
- Guides to inheritance law
How many countries do you cover?
The Global Property Guide?s research covers 133 countries in some depth, for 120 of which we can supply price and/or rents data. This is a wider data set than any other residential data provider. Please see our sitemap for a complete list of countries.