Capital Gains Tax (Effective) in Honduras compared to Latin America
Honduras: Capital gains taxes (%).
In arriving at effective capital gains tax rates, the Global Property Guide makes the following assumptions:
- The property is directly and jointly owned by husband and wife;
- They have owned it for 10 years;
- It is their only source of capital gains in the country
- It has appreciated in value by 100% over the 10 years to sale
- The property was worth US$250,000 or 250,000 at purchase.
- It is not their sole or principal residence.
These assumptions are critical. In many countries a holding period of less than 5 years results in capital gains being taxable. But a longer holding period often results in no capital gains tax being payable. For more details see the Data FAQ
Source: Global Property Guide Research, Contributing Accounting Firms
Honduras has no house price statistics and few statistics generally. The Instituto Nacional de Estad'stica has a really weak site with a lot of broken links. The Banco Central de Honduras has rather few statistics. The Secretar'a de Planificaci'n y Programaci'n seems a little better, with a reasonable collection of annual time-series.