Capital Gains Tax (Effective) in Ukraine compared to Europe
|Bosnia & H.||10.00%|
Ukraine: Capital gains taxes (%).
In arriving at effective capital gains tax rates, the Global Property Guide makes the following assumptions:
- The property is directly and jointly owned by husband and wife;
- They have owned it for 10 years;
- It is their only source of capital gains in the country
- It has appreciated in value by 100% over the 10 years to sale
- The property was worth US$250,000 or 250,000 at purchase.
- It is not their sole or principal residence.
These assumptions are critical. In many countries a holding period of less than 5 years results in capital gains being taxable. But a longer holding period often results in no capital gains tax being payable. For more details see the Data FAQ
Source: Global Property Guide Research, Contributing Accounting Firms
Ukraine does not publish official house price statistics. S&V Development, a real estate company, publishes quarterly average house prices. Colliers International releases a yearly Real Estate Market Review
Ukraine has good economics statistics available from the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine and the Central Bank of Ukraine.