Capital Gains Tax (Effective) in Slovak Republic compared to Europe
|Bosnia & H.||10.00%|
Slovak Republic: Capital gains taxes (%).
In arriving at effective capital gains tax rates, the Global Property Guide makes the following assumptions:
- The property is directly and jointly owned by husband and wife;
- They have owned it for 10 years;
- It is their only source of capital gains in the country
- It has appreciated in value by 100% over the 10 years to sale
- The property was worth US$250,000 or 250,000 at purchase.
- It is not their sole or principal residence.
These assumptions are critical. In many countries a holding period of less than 5 years results in capital gains being taxable. But a longer holding period often results in no capital gains tax being payable. For more details see the Data FAQ
Source: Global Property Guide Research, Contributing Accounting Firms
Slovakia has quarterly residential property prices. published by the National Bank of Slovakia. General economics statistics for Slovakia are published by the Statistical Office and National Bank of Slovakia, which also keeps mortgage loan figures.