Capital Gains Tax (Effective) in Serbia compared to Europe
|Bosnia & H.||10.00%|
Serbia: Capital gains taxes (%).
In arriving at effective capital gains tax rates, the Global Property Guide makes the following assumptions:
- The property is directly and jointly owned by husband and wife;
- They have owned it for 10 years;
- It is their only source of capital gains in the country
- It has appreciated in value by 100% over the 10 years to sale
- The property was worth US$250,000 or 250,000 at purchase.
- It is not their sole or principal residence.
These assumptions are critical. In many countries a holding period of less than 5 years results in capital gains being taxable. But a longer holding period often results in no capital gains tax being payable. For more details see the Data FAQ
Source: Global Property Guide Research, Contributing Accounting Firms
Serbia has semi-annual statistics on prices of dwellings of new construction. This data is published by the Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia. General economics statistics can be found at the National Bank of Serbia and the Ministry of Finance and Economics..