Rental Income Tax (Effective) in Luxembourg compared to Europe
|Bosnia & H.||10.00%|
Luxembourg: Rental income taxes (%).
The tax levied on the average annual income on a rental apartment/property in the country.
- Gross rental income is /US$1,500/month
- The property is personally directly owned jointly by husband and wife
- Both owners are foreigners and non-residents
- They have no other local income
- There is no mortgage, i.e., no loan is taken for the purchase
In arriving at the pre-tax profit figure, we calculate, and deduct:
- Depreciation / capital allowances if available. We assume a value for the apartment based on our valuation research, and depreciate on this basis.
We deduct any other costs which a landlord normally pays - management charges, buildings insurance, realtor agency fees, etc. We either choose a standard percentage deduction (if available) or typical actually incurred costs. If real estate tax is normally payable by the landlord, we deduct that.
Our rental income tax figures are provided by accountants (see list of contributors). For more details see the Data FAQ.
Source: Global Property Guide Research, Contributing Accounting Firms
Luxembourg publishes average apartment price time-series starting Q1 2007, available on-line from the Service Central de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques du Luxembourg (Statec). The Ministere du Logement also publishes quarterly advertised selling prices of houses. General economic statistics can be got from the Banque Centrale du Luxembourg, and from Statec.