Conditions for use of the Global Property Guide
Access to and use of this site ('globalpropertyguide.com') is provided by the Global Property Guide subject to the following terms:
- By using globalpropertyguide.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of globalpropertyguide.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use globalpropertyguide.com.
- The Global Property Guide may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Global Property Guide. Your continued use of globalpropertyguide.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use globalpropertyguide.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use (but see below). You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any globalpropertyguide.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of globalpropertyguide.com content requires the prior written permission of the Global Property Guide.
Exceptions to the restrictions:
TABLES may be reproduced in full. Each use of a table must be accompanied by an active (“live”) link to www.globalpropertyguide.com or to the location of the article (without “no follow” tags). However, not more than 10 tables may be reproduced on any site, without specific permission.
ARTICLES may only be published in full by specific written permission. If you run a web site which makes its living republishing content, and you wish to publish our articles on your site, please contact us. We can arrange with you a license either for the specific article, or come to a more general arrangement.
Similarly, each article must be accompanied by an active, live link to www.globalpropertyguide.com or to the location of the article (without “no follow” tags).
FAIR USE Small parts of articles may be used without permission in reviews, or quoted, following the usual ‘fair use’ rules. See Wikipedia:
“Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as use for scholarship or review. It provides for the legal, non-licensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test. The term "fair use" originated in the United States, but has been added to Israeli law as well; a similar principle, fair dealing, exists in some other common law jurisdictions. Civil law jurisdictions have other limitations and exceptions to copyright. “ For further information see Wikipedia: Fair use.
PRESS RELEASES may be used and incorporated, with reduced concern about copyright issues, i.e., while direct copying is strongly discouraged, the substance of the press release can be incorporated so long as a few changes are made. Tables in press releases may be freely used by newspapers, magazines, TV reports, other media, other sites, etc (each use of a table must be accompanied by a link to www.globalpropertyguide.com or to the location of the article).
All references to the Global Property Guide content should be sourced to www.globalpropertyguide.com or other pages within the site.
- You agree to use globalpropertyguide.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of globalpropertyguide.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within globalpropertyguide.com.
- By submitting your contribution to globalpropertyguide.com, you:
- warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Global Property Guide for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify the Global Property Guide against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Global Property Guide as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on globalpropertyguide.com and the purposes specified above.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Globalpropertyguide.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Global Property Guide, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will the Global Property Guide be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of globalpropertyguide.com regardless of the form of action.
- The Global Property Guide does not warrant that functions contained in globalpropertyguide.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that globalpropertyguide.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Global Property Guide or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the GPG and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Global Property Guide or any other third party.
However, this license is not perpetual. You may withdraw from it, at your own choosing, by writing to us and telling us that you wish to withdraw your permission for republication.
Difficulties may arise if the Global Property Guide has included your material in mailshots or other subsidiary publications. The right to withdraw your license in such cases is limited by practicality.
The Global Property Guide will take all reasonable steps to withdraw publication, but it is a term of your agreement to our use of your material, that you agree that the Global Property Guide will not be liable for any damage resulting from its failure to act on your notice that you wish to withdraw your license.
You agree to use globalpropertyguide.com ‘Comments’ feature in accordance with the following rules.
- No advertising or flagrant self-promotion.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No links can be posted. Links posted will be removed automatically.
- Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material.
- Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- Contributions containing languages other than English will be removed
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You agree to only submit material which contains your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in globalpropertyguide.com Comments areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of the Global Property Guide.
If you're under 16:
The Global Property Guide reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on globalpropertyguide.com (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
Global Property Guide - 2004-2011
3/F Maripola Building,
109 Perea Street,
Makati City, Philippines 1229
Tel: + 632 5522607